Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thank you.

Thank you everyone. It HAS been a bit of a rough ride, and I miss Sage terribly. I have a place to stay (my brother's), I have got some clothes (the advantage of staying in Greater Vancouver is the rediculously good quality of clothes in the 2nd hand stores), I have food. My basic needs are taken care of and I have insurance that will take care of other stuff down the road. I want to appreciate every single offer of help - especially considering how the economy is and so many people are just getting by themselves.

But - bunny people being bunny people.. They want to help. They want to do SOMETHING. So, if you would.. Please make a donation to your local shelter. Whether that donation is time or money, it'd be appreciated.

Sage came from the Chilliwack SPCA, and they have very limited resources for rabbits. Its my dream that every humane society, SPCA, etc, can get educated about rabbits and how they are house pets, not livestock. Maybe come up with a basic breed guide in poster form. Something, anything. But this dream requires people, time, and money. If you have money you can spare, please donate. If you have some time, that's even more needed - teach the people who are helping house and rehome abandoned buns what they're saving.

So, if you can help.. Please do, there's a certain silver and white Dutch who lived 5 years longer than she would have thanks to the SPCA.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lorna, great to hear you are doing ok after the ordeal. What a lovely idea to turn your tragedy into something positive for bunnies everywhere! I'll be volunteering at our rabbit rescue this Sunday and thinking of you and sage while I replenish the hay and sweep up!
    Lisa xx (the human)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your hanging in there. We give to our spca since thats where both our pups are from, when I make our christmas donation this year, we will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorna, you are truly a helpful Canadian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made me feel a lot better. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you'e doing ok. That's a really great picture of you and Sage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely picture of you and Sage.

    So glad that you are hanging in there, but if you do have any needs, please do not hesitate to ask. *hugs*

    We give twice a year to the humane society where we got Mickey--once on his birthday and once at Christmas. We also make donations through Bunspace to support rabbits in shelters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are doing ok. I have been working with my local Humane Society (in WA) for the last few months; teaching them and trying to get them to change their ways. For the last year I have been taking all of their rabbits to other shelters, so they get altered and placed into better homes. I also support the 2 rabbit shelters in this state. For Christmas I will make a donation for Sage.

    ReplyDelete